The mandate of the ASBC-NB includes informing the public about archaeology and promoting conservation initiatives. This often brings the ASBC-NB out in to the public forum, becoming involved in displays and activities that illustrate archaeological principles, as well as supporting and participating in heritage and conservation events. Below are some of the events that we have or are currently involved with:
- Chinatown field program, spring 2011 (below)
- Colliery Dam CMT Project 2009 (pdf)
- Illustrations Workshop 2008
- Vancouver Island Exhibition 2008
- Our work on Bylaw 6000
- ASBC-NB Nanaimo Site Survey
- ASBC Nanaimo "Discover Archaeology" Interactive Bone Display
- Hands On Heritage! Public Archaeology Project
- 2002 Forum
Chinatown field program, spring 2011
This past Spring the ASBC-NB conducted a two-day field program with VIU to investigate the potential of intact deposits located at Nanaimo's Chinatown (#3).
Read about the preliminary results in the Summer 2011 Digger...