ASBC Nanaimo Branch Privacy Statement – in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act that came into effect in British Columbia on January 1, 2004.
The ASBC Nanaimo Branch collects personal information (name, address, phone number and email address) to:
- provide you with information about the society,
- provide you with event notices and newsletters,
- forward “The Midden” magazine to you,
- inform you of activities in which you may participate,
- comply with the record keeping requirements of the Societies Act of B.C.,
- · provide ASBC Vancouver directors with a membership list (required for their records and compliance with the Societies Act of B.C.).
Your personal information is kept in confidence by the Board of Directors and used only for the purposes stated above.
We will not use your personal information for any other reason without your expressed consent. No personal information is collected until you become a member of the ASBCNB. This website does not contain any spyware nor does it enable cookies on your system.
The ASBC Nanaimo Branch Privacy Officer will be responsible for keeping directors informed on privacy issues and will allow members reasonable access to their personal information. We will make every effort to keep your information up to date and will investigate all complaints.
Complaints or inquiries can be addressed to: Privacy Officer
c/o Department of Social Sciences
900 – 5th Street